Valencia Conference Centre Release
Given the developments in the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and as pointed out by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), coordination and responsibility must be the two cornerstones to deal with the current situation.
Spain continues to be a safe destination for travel, meetings and events. The Spanish Ministry of Health and the National Health System's Interterritorial Council (CISNS) are actively monitoring the current COVID-19 outbreak and are working closely with the WHO and other international partners.
At the Valencia Conference Centre we are working to ensure that all policies and procedures that help to safeguard the health and safety of event participants are in place and up to date.
Accordingly, we have implemented the following measures:
- Introduction of procedures in which we have involved our strategic suppliers, such as :
- Increasing the number of cleaning staff, reinforcing cleaning throughout the building, and especially on desktops, counters, touch screens, benches, toilets and transit areas (handrails, doors, handles, etc.).
- Installation of hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the Conference Centre (reception, exhibition area, toilets, stairs, etc..) so that all visitors can use them.
- Use of a specific antibacterial disinfectant for cleaning and disinfecting all types of surfaces.
- Earmarking of an isolation area for any participants who show symptoms, while waiting for the arrival of outside medical services.
- Creation of a special working group that is available to study any additional back-up measures according to the needs of each event.
We would like to convey that our venue is acting and will always act professionally, coordinating with and following the instructions issued by the Health Authorities. Our priority is to ensure the well-being of those attending events and it is our responsibility to exercise common sense and good judgement. Therefore, we must trust in the National Health System, and as long as its recommendations do not change, continue with our activities.