The ONCE presents its solidarity awards at the Conference Centre
On the occasion of its 80th anniversary, the ONCE (Spanish National Organisation for the Blind) is to hold an awards ceremony on 21st September
There it will recognise people and organisations that have supported the charity initiatives which have always been part of its philosophy.
The prizes to be presented at the event include the ONCE Region of Valencia 2018 Solidarity Awards. They go to outstanding communication entities or projects for eliminating inequality or lessening its consequences by fostering social integration in their local environment via normalisation, personal autonomy, universal accessibility and independent living.
Each year, the ONCE establishes five award categories:
- Institution, organisation, entity or NGO that has excelled in its social awareness or in its track record to promote social rights.
- Programme, article or communication project which has focused on important events that dovetail with the Group’s core values.
- Person from a Spanish region who has dedicated their career and lifetime to these groups.
- Company that has contributed to employing socially vulnerable individuals.
- Governmental body that has excelled in developing ongoing programmes and projects for the prevention of disability, and the promotion of universal accessibility and equal opportunities.
This year the winners are presenter and director of the TV programme “El Hormiguero” Pablo Motos, the University of Alicante, the Pequeño Deseo Foundation, Josefina Mora García and service station firm Másoil.
As part of its community policy the Valencia Conference Centre is to support the event by means of an exchange agreement with the ONCE. Likewise, a picture of the Centre will be on the ONCE lottery ticket to be issued on 11th December, coinciding with the Centre’s anniversary gala dinner.
If you would like to learn about the ONCE awards ceremony, you can visit its website.